Starter Company Plus offers funding and support for local Entrepreneurs
The Orangeville & Area Small Business Enterprise Centre (SBEC) is pleased to announce a new program designed to support local entrepreneurs. Starter Company Plus will enable eligible entrepreneurs from Orangeville and surrounding areas to launch a new business, expand an existing one or buy an established business. The Starter Company Plus program was approved by Orangeville Council on March 6 and is now available to support area entrepreneurs in establishing a strong and vibrant business community.
To be eligible for the program, entrepreneurs must be:
- 18 years of age or older at the time of application;
- proposing a new company, expanding an existing company or buying a business in Ontario;
- a resident of Ontario;
- a Canadian citizen or permanent resident;
- prepared to participate in meetings, training and mentorship.
Candidates for Starter Company Plus will submit an application package and attend an interview to assess suitability and determine individual training needs. Some eligibility conditions do apply. Once accepted, participants will receive:
- business training and skills development support;
- group and one-to-one mentorship from local business leaders; and,
- where applicable, the possibility of a micro-grant of up to $5,000 to support the business.
Starter Company Plus provides an excellent opportunity for entrepreneurs to receive the training, mentorship and support that they need to develop and expand their own successful ventures. lf you or someone you know has a great idea for a new business or the expansion of an existing one, please contact the SBEC office at email@example.com or 519-941-0440 Ext. 2286.