Municipal Programs and Incentives
To encourage industrial development and employment in Orangeville, Council has given a 100 percent exemption of non-residential development charges for certain industrial uses.
For more information please view the current Development Charges Brochure.
Parkland Dedication or Cash-in-Lieu of Parkland
Proposals for new development or redevelopment, or those which create new property (ies), may be required to convey a parkland dedication to the Town or a cash-in-lieu of a parkland conveyance in accordance with the provisions of Sections 42(1) and 42 (6) of the Planning Act and By-law 47-2012. For more information please view the cash-in-lieu of parkland by-law.
Downtown Heritage District Facade Assistance Program
The Downtown Heritage District Façade Assistance Program was created in 1998 as an incentive for building and business owners to preserve the architectural heritage in the Central Business District.
The quality of heritage buildings has always been part of a tradition of pride of doing business in Orangeville.
If the façades on Broadway are allowed to deteriorate, the economic and aesthetic benefits associated with attractive heritage buildings will be lost. Investing in façade improvements has been proven to have a positive economic benefit. A revitalized commercial district creates optimism, community employment opportunities, stability, and a reliable tax base for the municipality.
For more information on this grant program, contact the Planning Department at 519-941-0440 Ext. 2249 or email@example.com
Summer Company Program
The Summer Company program provides students between the ages of 15 and 29 who are returning to school in the fall with an opportunity to explore entrepreneurship first hand. The program provides eligible students with hands-on business coaching and mentoring, business training and cash awards of up to $3000 to help start up and run their own summer businesses. For a full list of eligibility criteria and for more information on the program please visit the Summer Company website or call the Orangeville & Area Small Business Enterprise Centre at 519-941-0440 Ext. 2291.
Business Visitation Program
Our Business Visitation program exists to enable Town staff to learn more about your business operation and the issues you may be facing so that we can provide information, resources and support to help your business to remain and expand in Orangeville. Your success is important to us.
The goals of the Business Visitation Program are:
- To demonstrate a pro-business attitude by developing a better understanding of our local businesses and providing an opportunity for improved communication and customer service to local businesses
- To help existing businesses solve problems by identifying, and where possible, removing barriers and by responding to business issues and concerns
- To provide businesses with information on the programs and services available to help them become more competitive
A comprehensive Business Survey will be sent to the business owner or senior manager of the company so that he/she can review and/or complete the sections that are most relevant to the venture. Alternatively, the form can be completed online and subitted to the office directly. Access the fillable form.
Town staff will then set an appointment to meet with the business representative to conduct a confidential interview in order to obtain comprehensive information on the issues and opportunities facing businesses in our community.
We’ll learn about your business, explore your issues and target areas where the Town may be able to help.
The program has been designed to answer many key questions and enable our interview with senior executives to:
- Gain insight into the dynamics of Orangeville’s economy
- Understand the positive and negative attributes of Orangeville as a place to do business
- Evaluate growth potential, risk of relocation or downsizing, level of satisfaction, and emerging trends
- Develop value added services for Orangeville companies
- Establish longer term economic and community development priorities that will support the Orangeville business community
How can you participate?
If you would like to arrange to have a personal visit from Economic Development/SBEC staff please contact the department at 519-941-0440 Ext. 2291.
View a listing of additional programs and incentives here: